Thursday, November 3, 2016

Individualised Learner Profiles


I can't help but think about next year... I love this time of year when you celebrate all of the amazing things you have achieved with your students.  But then you think of all the incredible possibilities that you could do better next year...

So one of the things I'm thinking about is asking my students to create a profile about how they best like to receive feedback.  And when I say feedback, I mean feedback and feedforward in their learning, attitude and behaviour.  How might this look?  An email?  A wink of the eye?  A private conversation?  A public praising?  Written feedback from a peer? 

As a teacher, you learn about these as you go...  but I do wonder how this might influence the culture of your class if we knew it at the get-go?

Happy report writing :)

No comments: