Thursday, November 19, 2015

Looking ahead for 2016

Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 3 years?

My children are at Russell Street for the next 3 - 5 years, therefore I will see me here!

As for my future aspirations, I am on a cross roads... Do I continue to lead change about ILE / Learner Agency / Collaborative Teaching & Learning from the classroom, as a classroom teacher?    Or do I facilitate change as a leader or as a facilitator working for Core or similar?  If I continue from the class, there are still so many ways in which I am innovating my craft; planning, teaching, instructions, systems, delivering, assessment, rubrics - I am still gaining mastery over these strategies.  If I was to lead this vision out of the classroom would I fall short of the necessary time needed to gain this mastery? If I lead change as a facilitator, would I miss out on working with children who I know need positive male role models in their lives?  There is my predicament.

What would help you achieve these goals?
- Being immersed with leadership conversations
- Having opportunities to talk about and share my vision about leaner agency
- Being able to develop my theory of action with others
- Having challenging conversations
- Mentoring others


 

No comments: