Saturday, August 18, 2012

JK second cycle

We got into our second cycle of our Jugyou Kenkyuu professional development last week.  Click here to find out more about this project.  And guess what?  It's my turn for the hot seat.  This means that I am the one who teaches our lesson. 

It was a great session actually - though I was a little confused with what learning we needed to do.  For example, I thought the lesson had to be something that we were already doing.   Stephen's has a student teacher on full control, which makes it hard for his class to make much progress towards their inquiry.  So he was pretty much at the beginning of his inquiry and I'm at the end(ish): taking action. 

So check out the keynote below, as it outlines what we have decided to do.     




Putting my thinking hat on, I feel a little bit nervous that 5 teachers are going to be coming to critique our lesson.  Especially due to me not having a lot of time due to being on assembly last week.
I am happy that the task is hands-on, and that it will really assist with the direction we are going with our inquiry.

No comments: