Sunday, May 20, 2012

Paradise or Oblivion

Wow, this movie is pretty crazy!  And makes you think.  Made by The Venus Project, it questions notions of our society; politics, money, power, war, scarcity, sustainability etc., and how they are not serving everyone in our society nor our planet and everything that lives on it.  The Venus Project aims to set up a resource-based economy, where science and technology are pivotal in providing sustainability and enough resources for everyone on the planet.


I was critical about who was going to do those jobs that somebody has to do?  Like some of the jobs I've had to do when I was younger.  I really liked how education and following passions and interests was central to this society.  Anyway, I like how things make you think and question the status quo.  I don't know if this will ever work - but I think something needs to happen.  Is there any country in the world that isn't in debt?

No comments: