Saturday, April 2, 2011

Welcome Back

It has been a while since I've posted stuff here as I've been focusing on my class blog. I want to share a few things here about my practice.

One of the goals I set myself when I began my new job was to increase my confidence in leadership. Since starting at Russell Street School, I have done the following:
-NZEI Rep
-The Arts Coordinator
-Leading School Singing
-Associate Teacher
-Hosted a 'how to' blog evening for the parents of my students.

And in the future, I will be in charge of the school production in term 3. Which will involve whole staff PD with me co-leading, co-writing and organising stuff. It will be my biggest challenge yet.

I also have a teacher inquiry or goal, which is based on the teacher inquiry model:

But instead if working from a deficit model, we are trying to work from an appreciative model;
-what really engages my kids?
-what ICT tools can I use?
-how can I collaborate with other classes, schools and/or countries?
-what skills will my kids learn?
-how can they reach their potential?
-how can we present our learning for the digi-awards?



I'm really looking forward to the up and coming challenges.

No comments: